RE: Uh oh, M3s in ESP... again! (was: Re: more peru musings)

To: "'Ron Katona'" <rkatona@bellatlantic.net>
Subject: RE: Uh oh, M3s in ESP... again! (was: Re: more peru musings)
From: Jeff Winchell <jwinchell@Giftspot.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 20:30:35 -0700
I don't know what ESP as a whole means, but the entire class does not have
to be as well prepared as the class leaders. The requirement, as I
understand it, is that

1) A car has to be fully prepared and driven by a top driver to prove it
can't compete in it's current class before it is bumped to a slower
class.... this was not done as clearly show in the differences between
Tunnell's times this year and last (see http://PonyCar.Net/ESP)

2) Comparisons are made between top drivers in fully prepared cars. It does
not mean you need X number of top drivers in fully prepared cars. One from
each car will suffice.

I've posted what Dave Shotz's car is like. (see http://PonyCar.Net/ESP).
Others have made reference to Marcus Meredith's car. Perhaps someone will
chime in with all the gory details on Eguina's and Madaresh's car.