Re: DQ question

To: Scotty *BOB* White <we2fat4asp@seanet.com>
Subject: Re: DQ question
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 12:09:16 -0700

Scotty *BOB* White wrote:

> first car weighs 3194lb on a 3200lb minimum *without* driver,
> same car weighed again at 3197lb
> same car weighed again at 3196lb then again at 3195lb

Regardless of driver and how many times it was weighed it was not legal.
Kinda like the protest at nats about a car being a incorrect. Doesn't
matter if it's one pound or 100 pounds.

Unfortunate though. Does this take into consideration gasoline or other
fluids? 4 pounds is only about a half gallon of gas.

> appeal made on basis of car being DQ'd by the same amount that scales varied
> in wieght and that car 1 had significant advantage over cars 2 & 3 that 3
> pounds would not have mattered as car *with* driver was 65lb heavier than
> identical car 2

Driver weight does not figure in, right? The only thing I think you can
take from that is a moral victory, but rules are rules.

> Should I be pissed? (i am the first car to finish)

I would be pissed that I had not made sure I was legal weight.

> Could they have imposed a lesser penalty? Did the 3 pounds make up the 1/2
> lap in 30?

Of course not. Thats racing. You know that. And how would you feel if
you were the next legal finisher and the car above you was only
"slightly illegal"? Hard to deal with slightly illegal.

> driver 1 weighs 260lb
> driver 2 weighs 186lb
> driver 3 weighs 100lb

Wow....driver three must be tiny! You have my sympathies Scotty. Sounds
like you drove the snot out of the car. Unfortunately, the snot must
have weighed 3-4 pounds. 8-(

Randy Chase (getting heavier every year but still has a ways to go)