Re: photography question

To: Jay Mitchell <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: photography question
From: "Charles R. Schultz" <n2pua@cybrtyme.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 20:30:03 -0500
You really don't have to go through all these gyrations, anymore.  Kodak
Gold Max film is rated at 800 ASA (or is it ISO?), but will give
acceptable results at +/- at least 2 stops on the same roll of film
without any special processing required, and, therefore, no extra
expense for processing.  I've shot with it at 3200 and at 100, and
everywhere in between.  That's at least a 6-stop latitude!

It's a nice film for snapshots of all kinds of things, especially things
moving across your view at high speed.  It also gives you enough slack
to work well enough when the sky won't make up its mind whether to be
bright or dark.  There's a newer, 400 speed, version of this film, too.

There's a pro version of this emulsion (I don't remember the name,) as
well as other, competing films by other manufacturers.  I think maybe
Polaroid had the idea first, with something called OneFilm(TM), or
something like that.

If I find the time, I'll scan a couple photos and post them.

--
Chuck Schultz/                             Mailto:n2pua@cybrtyme.com
            /      Home page: http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/n2pua