Re: Large course design questions

To: Mike Bultemeier <hottvr@tfs.net>,
Subject: Re: Large course design questions
From: Brian M Kennedy <kennedy@i2.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 10:21:04 -0500
At 08:23 AM 5/14/99 , Mike Bultemeier wrote:
>The Texas Tour site was huge. I heard someone say it was over a mile long.
>It seemed like it. It took 20 minutes to walk it. I ran the course in 72.1 on
>Saturday and was in sixth place in C-Mod. The fast guys Sunday were in the mid
>sixties I believe.

I heard 0.9 miles.  That puts the fastest drivers averaging just under 50mph
and the slower drivers averaging a little over 40mph.  Sounds reasonable.
(At over a mile, the fastest drivers would've had to average around 60mph;
I do not believe they were going that fast.)

>"Meyer, Brian J" wrote:
>> How long (in feet) would you guess an 80 second course is? I realize that it
>> depends on how fast the course is, so I'd have to assume an average speed
>> somewhere between 30 and 50 mph.

This is just a math problem.  At an average speed of 50mph, an 80s course is
5867ft long.  At an average speed of 30mph, an 80s course is 3520ft long.

HTH,

Brian