Re: Any Ideas?

To: "Rocky Entriken" <RENTRIKEN/0003006623@mcimail.com>,
Subject: Re: Any Ideas?
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 17:47:13 -0800
<snip>
>Nearly everything else you learn,
>you can practice every time you drive to the grocery store.

<another snip>
>You may even find yourself doing
>corners faster, not because you are speeding, but because suddenly it is a
>more efficient turn.
>
>Good luck, have fun!  :-)
>
>--Rocky Entriken
============================
My passengers actually freak out a little when I brake early for corners,
get off the brake before the corner and start getting back on the gas at the
apex of the corner.  They usually grab for the "oh God" handle but I'm not
speeding, much.   ;^)

I tell them that I'm not driving faster, just smoother and not scrubbing off
as much speed for the corners as they do.  I demonstrate by putting a cup of
water into one of the cupholders and telling them to watch it when I take
the corner like I want to as comnpared to how they do it.  It is of course
far less spill prone when I take the corners smoothly (city vs. highway
speeds actually don't make that much of a difference) as opposed to
utilizing their herky-jerky driving style.

Of course I also catch myself walking the "proper" lines through the grocery
store and the shopping mall.  ;^)

Wierd huh?

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC