Re: Fuel Cut off and Turbos

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Cut off and Turbos
From: eharleq@selway.umt.edu
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 99 15:08:49 -0600
>Actually, Mac's right here. 14.10.c allows changes to fuel injection,
>specifically the airflow/injector duty cycle maps that control air/fuel
>ratio in
>the ECU.
>
>It just so happens than in the very specific case of the Talon, the air/fuel
>ratio maps specify 0% injector duty cycle at airflow values over a certain
>amount - effectively cutting off fuel flow. If one were to change those
>maps to
>allow more than 0% injector duty cycle at these airflow values (perfectly
>legal,
>this is the essance of the standard SP "chip upgrade") then fuel cut has been
>effectively removed.

My apologies to the original poster. This is an entirely different case
than was described earlier.  If you can change the fuel map legally, then
I think you can change the empty values legally as well. This would be
the same as the wot maps and the injector cycle changes.

There is not a specific boost limiting/detection circuit (or is there?),
but really a default map.

Thanks to DG