Fwd: Fuel Cut off and Turbos

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Fuel Cut off and Turbos
From: Streldoc@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 11:43:48 EST

--part0_918837832_boundary

From: Streldoc@aol.com
To: macross@gte.net
Subject: Re: Fuel Cut off and Turbos
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 00:30:32 EST

In a message dated 2/11/99 8:00:41 PM Central Standard Time, macross@gte.net
writes:

<< I would say that
 removing a fuel cut based on air flow would be legal under the first
 sentence of 14.10.C "Carburetors, fuel injection, intercoolers and intake
 manifolds are unrestricted." >>

But then it plainly says that "No changes are allowed to waste gates, pressure
sensors and their locations, and to other turbocharger or supercharger boost
limiting systems."  I would say that the computer program is a "system" that
uses MAF imput to decide when to cut off boost.  I believe Jamie was able to
get around this rule by saying that his "trick" computer changes only his fuel
injection parameters (which I would say is MAF vs. fuel curves) which is
obviously open.  That is fine as long as the variable that cuts off boost
based on a certain MAF is left in that program.   How do you prove that???

Erik Strelnieks

--part0_918837832_boundary--