Fuel Cut off and Turbos

To: Net <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel Cut off and Turbos
From: "Robert M. Pickrell Jr." <brnrubr@midusa.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 20:15:47 -0800
1999 Solo II Rules, Section 14.10, Paragraph C.  Last couple of
sentences.

Turbochargers may not be changed or modified. No changes are allowed to
waste gates, pressure sensors or their location, and to other
turbocharger or supercharger boost limiting systems. This allowance does
not permit changes to blow-off (pop-off) valves. Devices know as "fuel
cut defensers", and any modificationswhich alter or defeat the fuel
cutoff when it is activated by boost level, are not permitted.

Question, this would seem to make moadifications like Abersold's Supra
had illegal. Am I reading this correctly?I know very little about turbos
and systems, and that is more than I want to know. I don't have Jamie's
address or would cc him as well.

Rob