Re: Road Racers vs Autocrossers

To: John Steczkowski <stecz@Crossroads.com>, Pat Kelly <lollipop@ricochet.net>,
Subject: Re: Road Racers vs Autocrossers
From: Rick Brown <rikracer@cwix.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 17:10:03 -0800
-----Original Message-----
From: John Steczkowski <stecz@Crossroads.com>
To: Pat Kelly <lollipop@ricochet.net>; dvickrey@camelbackra.com
<dvickrey@camelbackra.com>
Cc: 'Auto-x' <autox@autox.team.net>
Date: Monday, February 01, 1999 3:58 PM

>One thing I'm considering is road racing with one of the Marque clubs (PCA,
>since I currently own a Porsche). They race with basically the same rules
as
>the vintage clubs, that is, if you have contact, you're on probation for 13
>months, and if you have another contact while on probation, you're
suspended
>for 13 months. It deters the bumper cars that go on in SS and IT. I need to
>do some more research, but that's what I'm thinking about doing.

Also check what their safety requirements are.  Some marque clubs are very
loose.  May seem nice at the time, but personally I wouldn't go on a race
track with others without proper safety stuff.  Even Solo I requires full
race suit, up to date helmet and roll bar in closed cars and cage in open
ones.  May seem extreme to some, but at race speed with other cars (and
often less than proficient drivers in club events) all it takes is one oops
with another car or some immovable object and it's all over.

IMHO
Rick Brown