RE: Road Racers vs Autocrossers

To: <lollipop@ricochet.net>
Subject: RE: Road Racers vs Autocrossers
From: "Donn Vickrey" <dvickrey@camelbackra.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 13:08:25 -0700

Pat Kelly wrote:

>Fear factor? I called it common sense when I stopped; pregnancy was another
>factor. Guess guys don't contend with that little problem, but pregnancy
bring
>common sense very much into the picture as far as road racing goes.

Apparently I must have hit a sore spot...  No offense was intended.  Here is
what I said:

> But, those who are unable to overcome the fear factor usually
> give up on road racing.

My statement doesn't mean that the fear factor is the only reason that
people stop road racing.  There are obviously an infinite number of reasons.
Pregnancy sounds like a good one, although some mothers are also road
racers.  I've also had male friends who stopped racing after the birth of a
child (as well as others who continued to race).

All I can say is that the statement must have been taken out of context. If
so, I appologize for any confusion added on my part.

Donn Vickrey
San Diego, CA
'97 M3 Coupe
'83 Spec RX-7