Re: electric impact wrenches

To: Matt Murray <mattm@nassau.cv.net>
Subject: Re: electric impact wrenches
From: Wes Shew <schumi@vcn.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 14:21:51 -0800 (PST)
On Mon, 1 Feb 1999, Matt Murray wrote:

> When my B&D was having problems two years ago, I started to look into a
> replacement. Makita and DeWalt listed a 14.4 volt cordless impact with a half
> inch drive. The DeWalt was about $180. and the Makita was $270. through Home
> Depot. I do not know if either company actually built the gun. I was able to

The local tool supplier had the Makita (discontinued?) on sale for $140 so
I went to try out on my VW lugs in the parking lot. Could'nt budge them.
They were hand torque wrenched at 78 ft/lbs. I saved my moola. This was 3
or 4 years ago.

Now I have a cordless screwdriver, much more compact/lighter to carry
around than a drill. Only problem now is to find a 1/4" shank/adapter to
fit onto a socket for my 19mm lugs? Suggestions? Otherwise I've be doing
OK for the past 12+ years using a "X" wheel wrench.

--
Yours in motorsport, Wesley E. Shew   [ macher ;-) ]
#99 AS 1991 PORSCHE 944 S2 cpe 3.0L(M030&LSD)Indischrot/Schwarz Kunstleder
 #53 DSP 1980 VW Scirocco Mk.I, 1.6L bal.& blueprt, Platinum Grey Metallic
  SCCA (NWR) & PCA (CWR) Vancouver, Canada  (604)737-7649 schumi@vcn.bc.ca