Re: CM F2000

To: "Voboril, Chuck" <Chuck.Voboril@specastro.com>
Subject: Re: CM F2000
From: j <garryj@localnet.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 20:56:26 -0500
Voboril, Chuck wrote:

> My take is that there is unrest in B-mod.
> Input is good.

If there is unrest in BM, then deal with it in that class.  Don't take a
successful class like CM and quite probably damage it by moving a car
with lots more HP and torque and bigger wheels and stiffer chassis into
the class.

> I think while there is no law that says all classes should have a fair
> mix of machines in each of them,
>  it sure is nice to strive for it.  This is a good thing, isn't it?

There are a zillion FF's around.  There is already a great mix of
machines in CM.  Leave it alone.  There are lots of participants in the
class.  If someone wants to autocross a basic formula car and need to
buy a car they can pick FM or CM.   Not many people who ALREADY own a
FF2000 want to go solo.

> It is hard to even use a formula car as a chicken coop when it is no
> longer being raced.
> There is quite a history of shuffling around stock, street prepared
> and prepared cars as well as generating new classes.
> There really hasn't been much car shuffling stuff between classes in
> mod (by comparison anyway).

So since there hasn't been alot of shuffling of cars in Mod, let's start
shaking thngs up now.  I entered CM for one reason:   I was tired of the
car of the month in stock, didn't like the amount of prep necessary for
SP and Prep.  So now that there is a place in Mod where there is
stability, you want to shake things up.  Please don't.   In EVERY
category and every class there are always cars that will just not quite
be competitive.  There is nothing that can be done but to try in every
case to make them competitive which in turn pisses off more people than
it makes happy.

> I am pretty interested in how SAE ever came about w/out discussion.
> Was I sleeping?
> Did we miss a nice chance to class a bunch of similar ability cars
> together happily?

I agree with you.  The SEB should always consult their appropriate
advisory committees before proposing any rule change that affects that
committee's category.   Their mistake.  What does it have to do with
FF2000s?

Sincerely.

Jim Garry
CM #93