Re: Scott Cristie's Series III Restoration

To: servaij@cris.com
Subject: Re: Scott Cristie's Series III Restoration
From: Ian Spencer <ian@sunbeamalpine.org>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 07:49:20 -0500
Oops... Jan, that's a GT not an ST.

This body is one of the cleanest ones I've ever seen. There isn't even the
slightest pin hole of rust to be found! Scott's going to have a very nice car
when this is done.

Here's one bit of bad about dipping... We decided to go ahead and start Scotts
car, but actually there is another customer in line before him! His car is STILL
sitting at the dippers and they keep leap frogging us with industrial work! They
promised to have this car ready for us 3 months ago! Since Scott's car was
dipped
last Spring, we decided to go ahead and work on his while we are waiting on the
other body. With the dippers, we have to wait almost a year before they can get
to our car, and on average about 6 months before they get the job finished. We
don't have this problem with our local sand blaster. The good news is, this
customer's Series V should look as nice as Scott's when it comes back. Working
with car's that are this clean takes all the time spent on metal repair out of
the equasion. That's nice!