Re: Aluminum Sump QuestionsIMPORTANT

To: CANISDOG@aol.com
Subject: Re: Aluminum Sump QuestionsIMPORTANT
From: "" <davidkellogg@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 22:07:04
Hello Paul,

  Thanks so much for that!  Your pan looks *incredible!* even if you
wouldn't choose the clear coating for the exterior on another trial.  Please
let me know whether your plan has worked; I have a pan like this for my race
car.

  By the way, did you consult the factory drawing which shows the 1725 in
its Alpine GT configuration?  This is *IMPORTANT* because the oil pump
pick-up is differently shaped than the standard 1725 unit.  Furthermore, its
shaft *may* be longer --to accomodate the greater depth of the new sump--
and you ought to check this out BEFORE INSTALLING YOUR ENGINE!

  You've been very helpful to me in the past (and even if you hadn't) I
wouldn't want you to go sailing forward without checking out these details.
Please don't blow up what looks like an incredible engine rebuild.

  with affectionatel Best WIshes,

  David