Re: Rebush Front suspension

To: Bruce Moxon <bamxn@triad.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Rebush Front suspension
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 10:14:01 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

If your springs are totally knackered, you might be able to remove them
without a spring compressor, but in my experience, the assertion by Mr.
Williams is totally wrong. You most def. need a spring compressor to
remove the front springs safely, and it is even more critical to use a SC
if you have beefed up springs or there are springs of unknown origin in
there.

The only TR6's that I've seen with springs weak enough to remove sans
compressor were very early cars that were clearly beat.

Trust me - you want to use a spring compressor for this job.

Note: you need a spring compressor that goes up through the middle of the
spring, not the kind that hooks on externally.

rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489