RE: Rebush Front suspension

To: "Bruce Moxon" <bamxn@triad.rr.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rebush Front suspension
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 23:27:57 -0700
While you can carefully follow the Bentley procedure, it would much safer to
use a good spring sompressor. As in the threaded rod type that would take the
place of the shock absorber, not the external clamp type. At least the
threaded rod can contain the spring if anything goes wrong. IMHO

Shawn J.Loseke
1972 TR6
Fort Collins, CO

>===== Original Message From "Bruce Moxon" <bamxn@triad.rr.com> =====
>Thanks to everyone for their input. Some lively discussion. I have decided on
>a urethene kit and lo and behold TRF is backordered (go figure -  the winter
>sale and backordered). I am going to replace my springs when I do the front
>end and have come up with another question. After reading up on removing
>springs in the Williams "restore... book and the Bentley manual, they say
that
>you can change without using a spring compresser. This does not seem like a
>wise idea. Any comments?
>
>Thanks,
>Bruce

TRF
>has 3 different kits: stock rubber, performance urethane, and race quality
>nylatron with prices almost doubling from rubber to race quality (although
>price is not necessarily the driving factor here). I'm leaning towards non
>rubber and would like to know if there is a substantial benefit to the
>nylatron vs urethane and is there really a harsher ride with non rubber.
Would