Radios & Sparkplugs

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Radios & Sparkplugs
From: "Jim Farris" <jfarris@troyst.edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 13:25:12 -0500
Greetings Listers,

I've tried this message a couple of times - maybe I got the address correct
this time.

We're ready to install a modern radio (w/CD player) in our TR6.  It appears
that the modern DIN size will require come cutting and possibly the
elimination or moving of the interior light switch just below the radio.
Also looks like an installed depth of about 7" is the maximum.  What
brand/model has any one had luck with?  On the same note (no pun intended),
have you just upgraded the speakers in the center console side panels or
installed speakers in the doors?  I do remember someone adding Pioneer box
speakers on the rear shelf.

What brand/heat range plugs do you guys recommend.  The engine is a 1969,
mileage unknown, decent compression, #4 passes a little oil, always starts,
and runs well - it currently has Bosch Platinum plugs in it.

Jim Farris
Montgomery AL