Brake Upgrade

To: 6 Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake Upgrade
From: Seth Glassman <superchargedtr6@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 10:33:58 -0400
Hi again List,

Looks like I'm one of the few who have ventured into the unknown called
Pertronix Second Strike capacitive discharge systems as surprisingly 1 reply
came back re: my question concerning where to set the C.A.O (Crank Angle
Off-set).  Oh well, I'll experiment and report back on my results.  However,
Bob Lang had a great recommendation, D-Y-N-O, and that's ultimately the best
way to check the differences in switch settings.

Anyway, have another request I think may be more common.  I'm interested in
upgrading my standard TR6 brakes to what Roger Williams recommends in his book
"How To Improve Triumph TR5, 250 & 6"  I'm looking for a kit that incorporates
the following::

Disc/Rotor Diameter -  11" or greater (280 - 285mm)
Rotor Thickness -  22 mm
4-pot Calipers
Kevlar brake pads

Based on these specifications, can anyone recommend a U.S. source for a brake
upgrade kit of this kind.  I don't really want to wait for shipping from
England (Hi-Spec Motorsports) for I need to get new brakes on the car before
the trek down to Richmond for the VTR Convention.

Thanks as always,
Seth Glassman
1976 (Supercharged) TR6