Re: Carburettor rebuild questions

To: vze2846b@verizon.net (Peter Macholdt)
Subject: Re: Carburettor rebuild questions
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 17:00:45 -0800 (PST)
Peter---A fellow lister passed on a tip for "shining up" the aluminum
top covers on carbs that were stained too much for a mere cleaning. I
apologize for not remembering his name (Jay?) as his idea worked good
for me. It consisted of mixing aluminum paint with a general thinner.
getting it good and runny. Brush it on. It comes out surprisingly well!
No brush marks, and covers any stain. It doesn't even look painted, just
cleaner. I see no reason why this wouldn't work on the body of the
carbs, tho I only did the cover.

Dick