Re: Carburettor rebuild questions

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carburettor rebuild questions
From: jay_welch@juno.com
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 09:30:21 -0500
In case anyone is interested, this works for me.

Good luck,
Jay Welch, Abington MA
Secretary, "Cape Cod British Car Club"
http://clubs.hemmings.com/capecodbritish/
1973 TR6 driver
1971 TR6 project

Tip for Dressing Up Carbs and Similar Parts - Spray aluminum engine paint
into a clean rag and buff the part with the rag.  As the paint starts to
dry, add paint thinner to the rag to create a paint and thinner
combination.  I compare it to staining a piece of wood.  In this case you
will be replacing a brown stain with a silver stain.  You can also modify
this process by using a small stiff brush like a plumbers flux brush to
get into the tight areas of the part.  The paint and thinner also acts as
a cleaning agent.  This process also works well on intake manifolds.  I
spray the manifold heavily with aluminum engine paint then wipe down the
manifold to remove all excess paint.  This keeps the part from taking on
that shiny silver finish.  Looks like like virgin aluminum when done this
way.