Re: front end rebuild

To: RFabie@erols.com
Subject: Re: front end rebuild
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 22:58:04 EST
Bob,
What shocks did you opt for.  I ordered the Armstrong from TRF, since they
are on backorder, I may reconsider.  I bought their urethane bush kit,
uprated springs with poly packings, uprated sway bar kit (on backorder as
well) and aluminum rack mt.  Since I've  done all this, it would seem
reasonable to upgrade the shocks, but I can't stomach paying $200 for a pair
of spax or konis.  Can you order these things from Bilstein etc...  I also
noted that upon disassembly, the camber shims between the frame and the lower
mounting bracket were absent at all 4 points.  All of the drawings show these
shims present.  The car drove fine without them.  Were they installed from
the factory?
Joe Davis