Re: front end rebuild

To: <Lizirbydavis@cs.com>
Subject: Re: front end rebuild
From: "Bob Fabie" <RFabie@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 20:56:09 -0500
Joe:
I couldn't justify the Spax or Koni for the price. However, I should point
out that Dick Taylor felt the Koni's were worth the money and last a long
time. In an effort to compromise, I purchased gas shocks from British Parts
NW. The pair cost me $81, the price for one Koni. These are KYB brand custom
made for them to fit the TR6. I'm still blasting and painting my suspension
parts, so I haven't installed them yet, but they do look nice!

As for the shims, yes I had three of them at the rear lower control arm
mounting bracket. I think that's normal, but if your wheel alignment seems
okay, I wouldn't worry about it.

Stay in touch.
Bob Fabie
'75 TR6