Re: release bearing

To: RPVanLuchene@lbl.gov
Subject: Re: release bearing
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 18:24:54 -0700 (PDT)
Ryan---RFP was a typo. It should have read RHP, and is stamped on every
replacement T/O bearing I have purchased from any of the Big Three in
the past 10 years, or so. I don't know what LUK has to offer. I have
asked them to provide me with the info regarding their package of parts.
Once they wrote saying only theirs is better than the stuff from "some
other countries." I asked them to be more specific, and they put me 'on
hold' due to the national crisis. A month later I forwarded their reply
to "give them some time," and again the reply was "they sell a lot of
them, and sorry I can't tell you more." (Mike Smith)

This does not inspire any confidence in me to purchase their product. It
indeed may be better, but they should know why, I would think!

Dick Taylor