Re: release bearing

To: p.h.z@12move.nl
Subject: Re: release bearing
From: jay_welch@juno.com
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 08:19:02 -0400
Hi Peter,

I would think it should be readily available in Europe as I believe it is
manufactured in Germany.  I have attached a conversation to the bottom of
this email that I had with Paul from Dial a Clutch.  Also check the web
sites below for more info.  Regarding Mike Smith and his RepSet on
EBay......something didn't feel right to me.

http://www.lukclutch.com/
http://www.lukclutch.com/automotive/repset.phtml
http://www.dialaclutch.com/

Good luck and please let us all know how you made out with your clutch.

Jay Welch, Abington MA
1971 TR6 project
1973 TR6 driver - wanting to "Drive it Hard"
Member "Cape Cod British Car Club" @
http://clubs.hemmings.com/capecodbritish/
First annual Columbus Day Weekend Event Saturday 10/6 thru Monday 10/8.
See website for details.

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001 13:27:27 +0200 <p.h.z@12move.nl> writes:
> Jay,
> I tried to order a Luk clutch kit with Mike Smith, It was on sale on
> E-bay.
> We couldn't agree on shipping charges. He offerd shipping via UPS.
> This
> would cost me $150,-for shipping! I think this is very expensive.
> Shipment
> from the Netherlands to the US is about $25,-  So I'm afraid no Luk
> clutch
> for me! Do you know if it's possible to buy the Luk clutch kit in
> Europe?
> Peter
> TR6 '74

MY COMMUNICATION WITH PAUL AT DIAL A CLUTCH STARTING AT THE BOTOM
=========
This clutch set includes a new clutch disc, pressure plate, release
bearing,
pilot bearing(if required) and a clutch alignment. The cover and disc are
made by LuK.  If you want to purchase this, let me know. I'll email you a
link to purchase it directly to our shopping cart.

Thanks,
Paul
Dial-A-Clutch.com