Re: Trouble removing Gearshift lever

To: Fish63@aol.com
Subject: Re: Trouble removing Gearshift lever
From: jay_welch@juno.com
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 07:14:50 -0400
John,

Remove all three of the bolts and tap from below the cover with a drift
or dull chisel and hammer.  Also tap the sides of the cover.  It should
free up.  You might want to prelube with PB Blaster or a similar product.
 A little heat on the steel cover should not hurt anything.....just be
careful as it is aluminum underneath the cover.

Good Luck,
Jay Welch, Abington MA
1971 TR6 project
1973 TR6 driver - wanting to "Drive it Hard"
Member "Cape Cod British Car Club" @
http://clubs.hemmings.com/capecodbritish/