Re: Trouble removing Gearshift lever

To: Fish63@aol.com
Subject: Re: Trouble removing Gearshift lever
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 08:03:23 -0700 (PDT)
John---I would hesitate to use any heat to help the cap off (but not for
long)! You should be able to see which way to turn this cap by the
J-shaped notch on both sides. I believe it is CCW. It sounds like a DPO
didn't understand the reassembly, and may have used a sealant between
the cap and the top cover housing.  With the transmission cover off, you
should be able to remove the eight bolts that hold the top cover. By
doing this, the gearshift lever, the stubborn cap, and the top cover
will now be off and on your work bench, where it will be easier to use
'alernative methods' to remove this cap.

Dick T.