[TR] Another over drive concern

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Jul 25 11:40:59 MDT 2017

Bad solenoid, bad relay, wrong adjustment are all possibilities. I would start with the relay just because its easier to get to.

Connect a voltmeter  or DMM on 20v DC range to the output terminal of the relay and a good ground. Take a test drive, and check the voltage when the problem is happening. Should be at least 12v at the output, or there is a problem with the relay or wiring.

After that, I'm afraid the tunnel needs to come off.

If you get to adjustment, check the ball lift as outlined in the Buckeye Triumphs article. Wear inside the unit can cause the adjustment hole to be inaccurate.
-- Randall