[TR] TR4A solid axle

alan salvatore alansalvy at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 22:13:55 MST 2017

A friend brought over  a solid axle TR4A that was being
restored somewhere and was stalled.
I went to install emergency brake cables and they would not line up with
the
hand brake lever.. If I rotate the backing plate to align it the brake
lines won't line up.
It looks like the backing plates are on the wrong sides.
What's the easiest way to swap the backing plates around?
Its not as simple as if it were an IRS rear end.
Its not really explained in the workshop manuals.
I took the castle nut and washer off.
Now it looks like I will have to use a Churchill puller to pull
 the hub off to get to the backing plate.

Al