[TR] transmission installation

dave n dave at ranteer.com
Mon Feb 1 16:37:09 MST 2016

we had trouble getting it in that last inch.  I bought some 1/4” bolts long enough to go all the way through the holes.  that pulled it in the last inch.  I also found that unbolting the driveshaft from the differential then setting it up on the diff gave me some extra maneuvering room.  its just 4 bolts.  you can also remove the plugs and turn the engine from below by the fan.  btw – its hell to put those things in.  I wouldn’t do it myself.