[TR] transmission installation

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 16:24:56 MST 2016

Terry -

I made some guides by cutting the heads off of long bolt and slotting the
end for a screwdriver.  My hope was to thread them in then fit the bell
housing over them but the gearbox had to be too far forward for that so
instead I fitted them thru the holes in the bell housing & into the block
to help things line up for the final push.

I use a transmission jack from harbor Freight under the gearbox to help
maneuver it but that is possibly overkill.

I also had a pipe (old jack handle actually) under the tailshaft to add
some more support that would still let it roll fore and aft.

As I recall, I raised the rear of the engine as far as the throttle shaft
would allow to make things go together.

This (like yours) was an overdrive box.  If I never have to do it again
that will be fine by me.

Geo