[TR] transmission installation

Alex&Janet Thomson aljlthomson at charter.net
Mon Feb 1 17:40:11 MST 2016

Be very careful about pulling things together with bolts. When marrying the front and back half of 150 HP farm tractors together after a clutch job, I have learned the hard way that things should go together with people power, rather than threaded assistance. (Yes, we were using wheeled dollies – not holding the rear half of the tractor in our arms)  If the pressure plate has been removed, either make or purchase a pilot shaft tool to align the clutch disk. I know that we all have horror stories about rejoining major components, especially when we were young and didn’t know any better. Now we are older and still don’t …

Alex Thomson