[TR] TR4A - plastic fan - advice?

Cliff cliff_hansen at outlook.com
Thu Feb 19 16:52:56 MST 2015

Hi George,

I can see how, with the spacer, you can get the clearance to the radiator.  I want to still be able to use the dog bolt’s head to turn the crank, which I don’t see is possible now, even if I manage to mount the yellow 8 blade fan backwards.

Someone referred to Macy’s garage (thanks!), who offer a direct bolt-on mechanical fan for the TR2-4A engine.  It does what I want (clears the radiator, improves air flow, and leaves the dog bolt head free) for the same price as an electric fan kit, so I’ve ordered one and expect to be quite pleased.

Thanks again for all the advice,

Cliff