[Shop-talk] scanner help

Ronnie Day ronnie.day at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 13:13:19 MDT 2023

John, there are forums on Ed Hamrick's site and he has responded to me
directly within a couple of days the few times I've had questions.
Seriously, I'd D/L VueScan and see if it'll work. It's free to try.

That said, I'd see if there's not a "factory reset" magic key combo to get
the scanner bacc to zero. I gave an older H-P flatbed to one of my
grandsons some time go, still have the cheap Canon LIDE-20 (I think) I
bought 30 years ago at Fry's and a Brother MFC--J875dw that I used to print
on DVDs/CDs (remember those!). The Brother is USB/Ethernet/WiFi and works
beautifully plugged into the LAN here in my office. Same thing with the
Canon, except it's USB. IIRC, I paid around $120 for the Brother at Best
Buy. I'd buy another one but Brother quit offering CD/DVD printers a number
of years ago, and I can't remember the last time I needed to print on disk
anyway!