[Mgs] Oil viscosity for 3.5 V8 engine

Max Heim mvheim at sonic.net
Fri Oct 7 16:53:06 MDT 2022

I am using 15W50 in all my cars at this point: 1966 MGB, 1967 Plymouth slant six, 1967 Plymouth 4bbl V8; specifically, Mobil1 15W50 which is formulated for flat tappet engines and has 1500ppm zinc. Note that other weights of this brand are NOT appropriate for older cars.

50 is not too high viscosity for summer use in California (it’s really what you want), and 15W indicates that is not too heavy for winter use.

--
Max Heim
'66 MGB