[Mgs] 72 MGB windows

Richard Lindsay richardolindsay at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 12:46:29 MDT 2021

That's all good advice, especially the bit about aligning the vent window
first!

I have found that the 'fuzzy stuff' lining the tracks wears off after
decades of use, leaving behind just the rubber substrate. And rubber, doing
what it does best, created a lot of friction (traction?) on the glass edge.
New guide inserts are the only dependable longterm solution - and
fortunately they're cheap.

Installing and aligning the glass and lift mechanism can be a terrible
headache BUT if one follows the process described in the workshop manual,
the job becomes much easier. Been there, screwed that up. :-o

Rick, '72 B, etc.