[Mgs] 72 MGB windows

Robert's New iPad mgbobh at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 12:19:50 MDT 2021

Hi Dave,
   I can not ascertain the cause of the problem from the pictures.  My experience has been that the glass must be snug enough in the guides so that it does not ‘rock’ as it moves vertically.
  The front guide is part of the vent window assembly. This is set first, set so that the vent window closes uniformly against the windscreen.  Once that is set, the rear guide is adjusted to snug the glass just enough for smooth movement.
   Once these are set so that the glass moves smoothly, you can reduce the friction a bit by a few short shots of silicone in the fuzz of the guides.
   And, while the door is open, put a drop of oil on each of the many pivots in the parallelogram linkage, and the winder shaft, and a bit of white grease on the winder gears.
Bob