[Mgs] Ride height

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Mon May 3 06:25:41 MDT 2021

Depends what load they are asked to carry!  The factory only allowed for 150lb per person, I wonder how many of us are that weight these days.

When I got my roadster I wondered if the springs had sagged as they were almost 'flat' with the car on the ground, replaced them and the new ones were almost the same.  30 years later no change, that's on a chrome bumper.  They were OEM springs which have not been available for many years, first people in America and later here started talking about how much new springs jacked up the rear, to the extent that they had to put loads of weight in the boot to compress them enough to get the rebound straps fastened, which is completely wrong.  rubber bumper springs are harder to carry the extra weight, and V8 springs harder still and they do have a curve with the car on its wheels, but I have never had to weight down the back to get new springs fitted to CB, RB or V8.

The lower the car the better the handling, it's only a problem if the exhaust grounds and the suspension bottoms over typical road surfaces.

  Do springs (leaf springs especially) tend to sag is decades?