[Mgs] Ride height

h.duinhoven at planet.nl h.duinhoven at planet.nl
Mon May 3 09:11:55 MDT 2021

Good information from you and Robert - thank you.

Now the story.

In the past my exhaust hit the speed bumps so often, that I did not consider
a stainless exhaust because of the cost to replace. In the years I owned the
GT the problem became worse.

During my holiday trip to England in 2011 the exhaust severely was damaged
by hitting a speed bump, when I turned on a parking spot at a hilltop of the
Peak District - see picture below.

At the end of the trip the exhaust support bracket broke of and I had to
make a temp fix, before driving onto the ferry.

3 years ago I got an MOT safety test fail on the sagged rear springs, so
these were replaced.

>From that moment on the car looks a bit like a dragster with the rear higher
than the front.

So I should look for replacement front coils.

During the restoration job I have done the front suspension job before, so
that is not a problem.

P.S. U.S. lister may notice the Cape Cod Car Club emblem at the hatch
handle.

That was a gift I got from a nice lister visiting the Boston area in 2000.

Cheers,

Hans