[Mgs] Ride height

Robert's New iPad mgbobh at gmail.com
Mon May 3 06:04:17 MDT 2021

     Yes, the springs do sag over time, the leaf springs more visibly sagging than the front coils.
     Some years back, my GT’s rear springs were too sagged to tolerate. I bought new, from the large supplier in California.  The car was raised, not unlike the off-road cars one sees.  At a spring rebuild shop, one that had not dealt with little car springs in years, the owner, who was a former MGB owner, advised me to remove the bottom leaf, about four inches long, and the second leaf, possibly 12-14 inches.  I did, but the rear was still up.  He then told me that front coils sag too. I installed new front springs and finally got the ride height about right.
     This discussion causes me to think I should go measure all the corners again.  It has been many years and many miles.
Bob