[Mgs] 1975 MG Hi-Torque Starter Motor Recommendations

Mark Robinson markrob at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 24 07:57:48 MDT 2021

Thanks to everyone for their advice. I removed the starter motor from my
1975 MGB from below this morning.   I am 69 now so it is getting harder
to do these things. Thank goodness I have a four post lift.    When I
had both bolts out I was able to force the rubber boot off and then get
the starter motor out.

I don't want to wrestle with it again and it is very old and greasy so I
am going to replace it with one of the modern hi torque starter motors
which hopfully will be lighter , smaller and easier to replace.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good make?  I see several are
available.

thanks  Mark