[Mgs] 1975 MGB Starter Motor

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Mon Aug 23 09:38:18 MDT 2021

My 73 doesn't have the cover, but if you can remove all the connections and
the mounting bolts now I'd have thought by pushing the cover back on you
could remove the two together.  I can't see the cover mentioned for removal
of either type of pre-engaged in either the WSM or Haynes.  Unless
frequently driven in very wet and salty conditions I'd ponder leaving it
off.

I need to remove the starter motor on my 1975 MG. I tried to remove the
rubber motor cover and was able to slide it forward but I couldn't pull
it out. I am working from below. With the cover pulled forward I can
access the solenoid wiring bolts and also the motor mounting bolts. Can
I remove the starter motor together with it's cover as one assembly ? I
plan on removing the starter from below as the vehicle is up on a four
post lift and the clutch solenoid is removed.