[Mgs] 1975 MGB Starter Motor

Mark Robinson markrob at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 23 08:52:33 MDT 2021

I need to remove the starter motor on my 1975 MG.  I tried to remove the
rubber motor cover and was able to slide it forward but I couldn't pull
it out. I am working from below. With the cover pulled forward I can
access the solenoid wiring bolts and also the motor mounting bolts. Can
I remove the starter motor together with it's cover as one assembly ?  I
plan on removing the starter from below as the vehicle is up on a four
post lift and the clutch solenoid is removed.

thanks