[Mgs] 1967 MGB-GT Master Cylinders

Larry Colen lrc at red4est.com
Thu Nov 30 13:37:23 MST 2017

David F. Darby via Mgs wrote:
> It’s good to see some new chatter on this list. Did everyone go off to
> FaceBook or something?
>
> I’m preparing to replace both the brake master cylinder and the clutch
> master cylinder. I’ve not done this job on the MGB (1967 GT, single
> circuit) before and I’m not quite sure how to proceed. The workshop
> manual just says to disengage the pedals, disconnect the pipes, and
> remove the fixing bolts. The space around the hydraulic lines and the
> cylinder fixing bolts is very tight and I’m having trouble making my
> arthritic hands work in there. Has anyone done this before and have any
> useful tips?

I'm pretty sure I did it on mine when I bought it.  It may be easier to
just remove the whole pedal box assembly and swap out the cylinders on
the workbench.  You may also want to consider upgrading to the dual
system, just for safety and such.

Where are you located?

Larry Colen  lrc at red4est.com (postbox on min4est) http://red4est.com/lrc