[Mgs] 1967 MGB-GT Master Cylinders

David F. Darby ddarby at centurytel.net
Thu Nov 30 12:33:18 MST 2017

It’s good to see some new chatter on this list. Did everyone go off to FaceBook or something?

I’m preparing to replace both the brake master cylinder and the clutch master cylinder. I’ve not done this job on the MGB (1967 GT, single circuit) before and I’m not quite sure how to proceed. The workshop manual just says to disengage the pedals, disconnect the pipes, and remove the fixing bolts. The space around the hydraulic lines and the cylinder fixing bolts is very tight and I’m having trouble making my arthritic hands work in there. Has anyone done this before and have any useful tips?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

David