[Mgs] MGB exhaust system

John Difede difejo at optonline.net
Sun Nov 26 15:49:05 MST 2017

Hello all,

I am considering changing the exhaust system on my 1973 MGB.  The current system I have is stainless steel with a “bomb box” (round tube shape) middle section muffler/ resonator.  I purchased it years ago and I do not recall what brand it is.  It is not a Falcon or Peco.  The manufacturer is most likely no longer in business.

The exhaust system is in fine shape, but I was out driving the car with the top up and decided that the exhaust is too loud in the cabin with the top and windows up.

I found an exhaust system made by Bell in the UK.  It is a stainless- steel system with an original style oval shaped middle muffler section that is supposed to be the same design as the original exhaust system.

So here are my questions;

If you have experience with the Bell brand of exhaust can you tell me is the system well made?

Will the Bell system be quieter in the cabin by changing to the larger oval center muffler?   Will changing out my center bomb box for the oval style muffler be much quieter while driving?

Thanks,

John DiFede

1973 MGB

Sent from my iPhone