[Mgs] Cruise control!!!

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Sun Apr 13 07:51:42 MDT 2014

There should be a little slack, to stop the throttles hanging open on the
cable when it is cold i.e. slightly shorter.  Too much slack can cause the
butterflies not to open fully, depending on how the pedal back-stop is
adjusted as well.  It won't cause hesitation.

I soldered mine closed, they were sticking open in cold weather and I got an
'idle' much as yours for the first few miles.  Some people replace the
butterflies with solid discs.  Personally I didn't want to fiddle with what
was my daily-driver to that extent, and the 'improvement' to mixture volume by
removing them is negligible.

  I do notice a  bit of slack in the throttle cable, but wouldn't too much
slack here only cause hesitation on acceleration? The throttle shaft is
sitting at the correct location for idle.

  I'm suspecting you're poppet valve cause (I haven't been out to move the
idle screws yet). Don't some people solder them closed?