[Mgs] Tyre life expectancy

gordies garage mg_garage at comcast.net
Thu May 27 07:35:48 MDT 2010

I recall learning that after some amount of time (7 - 10 yrs?) that the
rubber tends to harden and grip suffers.  My BGT has 10+ yr old tyres
(Pirelli P600) and can be downright dangerous in the rain, too much slip
on dry as well.  The Dunlop SP20's on my A are only about 5 yrs old and
grip nicely once warmed up, but not enough experience with them lately
in the rain to offer an opinion.
HTH

Gordie
'62 MGA MKII