[Mgs] MGA

Weberstevej at aol.com Weberstevej at aol.com
Sat Feb 6 14:26:01 MST 2010

I'm in the process of reassembling a 1959 MGA and have the following
questions that I hope someone on the list can help me with.

1. Four or seven pound radiator cap? The engine has been totally rebuilt
and I have installed a new radiator.

2. Where exactly is a single note horn mounted? Does it mount to the  body
mount reinforcing bracket on the radiator duct panel using the  bolts that
attaches body to frame? Or does it mount to the inner fender  panel or
somewhere else on the radiator duct panel?

3. I'm looking to purchase an aluminum valve cover, but I'm uncertain as to
 whether I should get one with the breather tube or without. Seems like
most of  the MGA's I've seen with the aluminum covers do not have this
breather. Is there  another way to vent the valve train, or is this just ignored?

Thanks for your help.

Steve