[Mgs] Totally off topic but funny

Barrie Robinson barrie at look.ca
Mon Dec 24 23:58:23 MST 2007

I get extremely annoyed at this 999.999 price list business.  Every
damn price tag is in the 99999 class - I mean how dumb do they think
we are.  SO this is the ploy I use to get back at these stupid price
tags.  I go into a shop to buy something and tell the clerk that I
find 9999 prices offensive and insulting - so I want him to show me
whatever (shirts, tools, etc etc) but if he/she gives any price in
99999 I will walk out and NOT buy anything.  So then the fun begins
!!!  He/she will struggle to quote $50 instead of $49.99 etc etc.  I
allow one mistake but on the second - I look at the number of goodies
I was going to buy....and walk out - to return next day IF I have
seen anything I really want.  It is tremendous fun!   I continually
fight this insane doohickey and call people idiots when they quote me
in 999999999.  Isn't it about time we put a stop to this - As MG
people we should lead the way !!!!

There are houses here that are advertised at $399,999.99 - I kid you not !!!!!!

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson
(705) 721-9060