[Mgs] Totally off topic but funny

David Breneman david_breneman at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 25 11:55:18 MST 2007

--- Barrie Robinson <barrie at look.ca> wrote:

> I get extremely annoyed at this 999.999 price list business.  Every
> damn price tag is in the 99999 class - I mean how dumb do they
> think we are.

Well, your real enemy isn't the poor clerk, but Mr. James Cash
Penney (real name) who popularized this pricing strategy in
his stores in 1902.  He must have been on to something, because
JC Penney is a very successful department store chain to this
day.  I find the malls themselves so annyoing that anything
that happens within the individual stores pales in comparison.

David Breneman         david_breneman at yahoo.com